Bring Happiness Back Into Your Life
We all crave happiness but many of us look for it outside ourselves. Right? Truly, people have figured out that the key to finding happiness is within ourselves.
On social media, we find all kinds of reels and short videos that give information or make people laugh. This is very appealing to most of us and it creates the awe moment – the moment we stop and feel a deep moment of happiness.
If you want to genuinely be happy in life, it takes more than just watching a few videos on Facebook or YouTube. Being happy requires more effort and inner work.
Here, I list 6 ways to create happiness in your life from the inside out:
- Be curious – There is a lot to explore in life and we can’t know everything especially how others feel. For that reason, be curious, ask open-ended questions (what, when, how?), and don’t assume you know the answer before they have a chance to reply.
- Listen in conversation – Practice active listening. When in conversation, listen to what is being said. Don’t be busy with forming a replay before the person is done talking or have your thoughts otherwise occupied.
- Don’t be afraid to switch change or perspective – life is all about change . So embrace it – don’t be afraid of change. If something is not working out, don’t play the victim. Be courageous and make a change.
- Enjoy your hobbies – A hobby is something we do for fun and relaxation. Have fun, be playful, relax and recharge your battery. And don’t take things too seriously.
- Take time to savour the finer things in life – Stop and pause when you truly want to enjoy a moment. Don’t just eat that wonderful food, but really savor every bite, taste all the flavors. Don’t rush through shopping, but really pay attention to what you buy. Don’t dismiss your company, make sure you really enjoy the company you are in.
- Laugh every day – Laughing is the best medicine, it creates a chemical reaction in the brain that stimulate our feeling of happiness. It is free and easy to do. So, always, find something to smile about every day. If that is hard for you, go on YouTube – you will definitely find something to laugh about.
Being curious, laughing, playing, listening, savouring and not being afraid of change seem like small things, but I am telling you those are the stepping stones to happiness.
We can’t buy happiness, but we have the power to create it. It’s all in perspective on how we view the life we have.
Happy people choose to be open-minded enough that they are not held down by certain views on life and are flexible enough to deal with the challenge that life throws at us.
We are used to giving others, but now is the time to give to ourselves – the gift of happiness. Learning how to find happiness and being happy is a choice, so don’t wait any longer, become a happy person now. Stay happy.
Don’t miss out, be first to receive Scott Madore’s exclusive news on Facebook and Instagram today.